Hyperlinks not working in Outlook after loading Brave

When trying use a hyperlink in an Outlook email, I receive the following error message:
“This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.”

My OS is Windows 7 and I’m running Windows 2007
My Brave version in 0.12.15
Brave Shield settings are:

1. Shields UP
  2. HTTPS Everywhere
  3. BLOCK Phishing/Malware
  4. BLOCK Ads
    5 BLOCK 3rd Party Cookies

I replaced Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 with Brave as my default browser. Outlook 2007 is my only email application. Whenever, I try to open any hyperlink embedded in the email, I receive the error message stated above. Please help! I can’t seem to find the right place to set the correct configuration in either Outlook or Brave.

Was just wondering when to expect a reply to my request. I’m not trying to be pushy because I know you are busy. Thanks!

I am experiencing the same problem using Evolution mail on Linux Mint 18. I then switch the default browser to Chrome and hyperlinks work again, but after switching default browser back to Brave the problem re-occurs.

Name Version
Brave 0.17.13
rev f7242c7
Muon 4.1.7
libchromiumcontent 59.0.3071.109
V8 5.9.211.38
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
os.platform linux
os.release 4.4.0-53-generic
os.arch x64

How long has this been happening? Has it still happened after an update?

It’s still happening on my desktop but not my laptop. When I click on a hyperlink in email or skype, then focus switches to Brave, but nothing happens. So I looked at the difference between setups, and I didn’t have Evolution running on the laptop yet.

After installing Evolution on the laptop, the laptop was also unable to open a hyperlink although it did switch focus to Brave. So I played around a little more and noticed the following: if I closed Brave and then clicked a hyperlink, then it would launch Brave and open the hyperlink in a new browser window (not a new tab). It would actually open 2 browser windows: one with my previously open tabs (because that’s how I’ve set Brave to start) and then a new window with the hyperlink opened.