Hyperlink (Text Links) opens new tabs instead of loading in page

I noticed this morning while using Brave that the hypelinks (text links) were opening new tabs versus loading the page in _self, the page/tab you’re currently in.

Details

Brave version: V8 - 6.2.414.42
Shield settings: Up
Instructions:

1. After repeated browsing, say may 4-5hrs, try and click on a hyperlink or text link. You should get tabs opening vs the content looking in the tab you’re currently in.

Quick fix:

Quit the browser and restart a new browsing session. The behavior will then be as expected.

Please let me know if I can provide any more context around this issue. Thanks.

Hi @futuretomorrow,

Is this happen to all sites or just particular site? Are you only click the link or Ctrl+click the link (Cmd+click in MacOS I guess)?

Please note too, the link in any websites can be set to open in a new tab if the author was set the target to blank.

Best,
:slight_smile:

Hi Eljuno,

1. The problem was only noticed in http://ebay.com. I did not test other sites to try and replicate the behavior, figuring it would most likely be the same.

2. No keys on the keyboard were being pressed.

3. I’m very familiar with how blank, self etc works and this is definitely a BRAVE browser bug. I’ve been using eBay for over 14yrs and it’s default hyperlink behavior has been “self” for as long as I can remember.

Thanks - Steve

Thanks for the info @futuretomorrow.
And for #3, I already thought you’re familiar with it, but I just want to make sure. :smiley:

Will looping-in @sriram and @suguru on this.

Thanks eljuno :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.