Huntington Bank Website Does Not Recognize Brave Browser

Description of the issue:
Huntington National Bank website does not recognize Brave browser as “private device” and requires user to constantly re-register to obtain account access.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Attempt login to https://www.huntington.com/ after previously registering Brave browser as private device.
  2. Site responds with message “We weren’t able to make a match for the setup you’re currently on.”
  3. Re-registration is attempted and verified but problem recurs after approximately 24 hours or less.

Expected result:
Registration as private device will persist and subsequent login attempts will be successful without needing to re-register as private device.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Occurs on both Version 1.14.73 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) and Version 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Have attempted to exclude huntington.com cookies from deletion without apparent success. This problem did not appear in Brave versions prior to 1.11xx (official builds). For comparison, Chrome browser (Version 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)) does not exhibit this problem. Registration/successful login persists in Chrome even after Huntington web site requests re-registration of Brave browser.

Hi @roblwood65,
Can you try reloading the page but with all cookies allowed enabled.

Hi, Aaron.

I tried your suggestion, but with no success. After I set the shields to allow all cookies for the site, I re-registered and logged in. Next, I closed the browser and waited for about 10 minutes. I started the browser again, checked the shields (all cookies allowed), attempted to log in, and received the registration screen again. I log into my bank website every day, sometimes multiple times, so you can imagine that constantly having to re-register with the site is not viable, and it’s caused me to have to use Chrome, rather than Brave, which I prefer and have used for a long time.

I appreciate your efforts and hope that we can arrive at a solution soon.

Thanks

Rob

1)Does it work with Shields down?

2)Do you have Clear browsing data on exit enabled?

3)When you log into huntington.com, does it redirect you to a new site, i.e. when you’re logged in is the URL different, if so you’ll also have to enable all cookies allowed on screen/URL.

4)Can also try it with allow all fingerprinting enabled?

Hi, Aaron. This is my second reply to your message.

When I log in with Chrome to the Huntington web site, the browser pops a message that it has blocked a plug-in. It’s so quick that I can’t determine what it is, but I thought it might be worth you knowing about it. Perhaps it’s something that might help arrive at a solution… here’s hoping. Also, as I described in the original posting, although the site requests a re-register in Brave, as soon I as use Chrome, it logs in without a problem, which happened just a few minutes ago.

Thanks

Rob

Hi, Aaron.

Please see my responses below. I’m cautiously optimistic that the problem may be solved by having all shields up but allowing all cookies and allowing all fingerprinting; I should be able to verify the settings on Thursday when I attempt to login again; for now, it’s working. I’ll let you know the results tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Rob

Hi, Aaron.

I want to let you know that I successfully logged in to the Huntington site this morning using Brave Beta without having to re-register. The actions you suggested appear to have satisfied the site’s requirements. Thank you very much for your help and advice. I’m really glad to be using Brave again instead of Chrome!

Rob

1 Like