Hungarian translation review

Hello,

I would like to fix the Hungarian translation of Brave. I saw here that there are others who can see this problem.
Because of that I would like to ask Reviewer permission, to nobody can reverse what I already fixed.
I tried to contact with Viking KARWUR regarding this without success on the translation platform. As far as I saw he is the Coordinator.

I started to check the Hungarian translation anyway, and the main problems with it:

• Translation YOU is inconsistent (In Hungarian there are 2 kinds of “you”, like in German for example. Like I talk to a friend, or I talk to a stranger/boss. Windows and Chrome use the second version.)
  • Some expression sometimes translated, sometimes not in different sentences.
  • Some words translated with different Hungarian word(s) for no reason.
  • It seems some (all?!) translation made by Machine translation, which it anything but not good

Thank you.

PS: As a reference, I am translating Vivaldi Browser too since the beginning.

Have they reply to you?

Because I have found some mistakes in the Greek translation of the Google Play description.

• Saves data and battery
    Greek translation
    • (Αποθηκεύει) δεδομένα & μπαταρία
    (Save) an image
    which is very wrong

You probably mean
Use less data and battery
It saves on data and battery

The correct translation
• Εξοικονομεί δεδομένα & μπαταρία

Also,

Please leave us a 5 star review!
(Αφήστε μας) μια κριτική 5 αστέρων!
In Greek, we don’t say
leave us a review

Better
Αν σας αρέσει η εφαρμογή μας,
παρακαλώ αξιολογήστε την με 5 αστεράκια
και γράψτε, επίσης, και μια καλή κριτική

Nope. No reply/response/reaction/reply anything here or on Transifex. But I leave it. If they do not care if some of the translation is a garbage, I cannot do more.

In that case,
I will leave it, too.

Like you said,
If they, themselves, don’t care, what can we do?

And, also, thank you for replying

I am not speaking English,
but may be you mean

which (it) anything but (not) good
which is anything else but good

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.