HTML5 video features

video

Two features that I think should be built-in have to do with HTML5 (and flash) usability.

The first is a way to keep videos from auto-playing. There is a reason that there are several extensions that do this.

Second - There is a way to change the playback speed of videos - this is important as life is not endless and many videos are better at someplace between 1.5x and 2x speed.

Hi @xtronics,

Did you already check Autoplay Media setting in Preferences > Security? Set it to Always Ask will prevent video from auto playing.

And there’s Video Speed Controller requested. Can this covered your request for #2?

Hope I expalin it well.
Thank you,
:slight_smile:

The autoplay media doesn’t work on youtube for me…
I’m running
Brave 0.18.29
rev 85f059d
Muon 4.3.16
libchromiumcontent 60.0.3112.113
V8 6.0.286.56
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
OS Platform Linux
OS Release 4.9.0-3-amd64
OS Architecture x64

Glad to see the video-speed work is happening.

Hi @xtronics,

If I’m not wrong, you need to remove the permission for YT under Preferences > Security > Saved Site Permissions > Autoplay Media. Look for YT, and click X button. It will remove the permission.

And when open YT video again, you can check the Remember this decision box and click No. It’ll always prevent YT video from autoplaying.

Hope this can help,
Thank you,
:slight_smile:

Have it working - I would reconsider the default setting -

Also - consider this probably should not be under ‘security’

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.