How to transfer "Deposited BAT" tokens into Gemini wallet?

Briefly describe your issue:
I was able to transfer some of BAT from browser to Gemini account. But some BAT left in browser wallet under “Deposited BAT”… How to transfer “Deposited BAT” tokens into Gemini wallet? maybe i received them as part of promotion…

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
macOS 11.6.2, Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
Jan 14th 2022 (today)

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
kind of, some of the balance transferred.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
usa

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
this issue is not related to android OS

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
this issue not related to contributions…

Hi @steeven,
could you help me to get deposited BAT into my Gemini wallet?

below are my browser details:
Brave version: 1.35.100 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Do you need wallet payment ID? Is it okay to share publicly?

thanks

1 Like

I believe the process is automatic. Under brave://rewards/ you just need to verify your wallet once you get an acknowledgement that your months’ BATs are ready.

The link takes you to a link where you select either Uphold or Gemini. Hope that helps.

@pastmaster where are you seeing it that you say it mentions “deposited?” That is part that has me confused for the moment.

Usually once you link Brave to a custodial wallet, such as Gemini or Uphold, anything you have there will automatically be transferred over. Payouts begin on the 7th of each month, which is for the entire month prior. Nothing would remain in your browser.

Also so you know, I see you just verified back in January. That means you’ll be receiving your first payout now. It started sending money today but it can sometimes take 3-5 days for people to receive it.

@pastmaster Btw, as I’m always researching, I kind of found the answer to your question. At least it’s the only place I found that seems to reference the same terminology.

Some users deposited externally-purchased BTC or ETH or BAT a long time ago into their Brave Rewards wallet when making such deposits was still an option. (It no longer is.) These funds were always converted to BAT (if they were not already), and would be considered “deposited BAT”. The usual way to get ahold of it is to just verify your Brave Rewards wallet with Uphold. The deposited BAT should then be transferred to your Uphold account.

I’m not sure how you got them, but it does seem like once you are verified it should process and automatically send. If not, you’ll most likely need to DM Steeven, Mattches, or SaltyBanana to see if they can help you. They’ll need info from your brave://rewards-internals to look it up, but yeah…still holds true that I’d wait and see if you get things once everything pays out.

1 Like

In general, yes it is automatic… but in my scenario, i had old BAT cailmed through some offer and it is categorized by browser as “deposited BAT”… as per reddit thread, we need to contact someone on rewards team…

1 Like

thank you @Saoiray for the response… i just sent message to @steeven, Will update here my findings…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.