How to sync when formatting a single computer?

Hi, just to add to the conversation, I just did the following:

• update the browser to the latest version 1.43.89
  • go to sync settings and retrieve the updated sync code
  • backup BraveSoftware folder under appdata
  • turn off the computer
  • change pc components (mobo, cpu)
  • format the computer
  • reinstall brave
  • goto sync settings, enter the sync code

The result is the following error: This code has expired. Please generate a new one on your other device and try again.

I then tried to restore the BraveSoftware folder, so that maybe i could generate an updated sync code.
Opening brave settings i am greeted by: Some settings were reset Brave detected that some of your settings were corrupted by another program and reset them to their original defaults.

Ignoring the message i went to the sync settings. I am here blocked by the following error: Brave could not access your operating system's safe storage. This is what's used to secure data such as passwords and cookies; it's also required for Brave Sync to connect your browser profile between devices. This means Brave Sync is not running. To resolve this issue, please see the Brave Sync troubleshooting guide.
I don’t know if this is because i restored the folder from another OS installation (also with different hardware), or it because of the problem discussed here: My Sync no longer works .

In any case, i can manually export my bookmarks with the restored BraveSoftware to restore them later…
This has been a unpleasant adventure.