How to sync brave between old pc and new mac?

(I don’t know if this is the place to post this. Please, move if necessary.)

Hi,

I recently got a new mac, and I am to retire my old pc laptop, However I can’t find a way to sync the machines.
I was able to login and get my wallet connected in the mac, but I can’t find the sync button.

Also, I only got two ads in the mac on the first day of use, then never again.

Thanks for the help!

Renata

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

1 Like

@renacaceres

1 Like

@renacaceres
also see
Brave Sync v2 soon available in Nightly, will disable Sync v1

2 Likes

Thanks @kevers05, I am currently using the latest version from the download page on Brave’s website. It is not the Nightly. Should I install the Nightly version?

The ads seems to be working today (yay!)

Thanks!!

@kevers05,

:point_up: this is not necessarily the wrong behavior. Ads are not guaranteed to come in any specific/set time interval or amount. More information here.

As for Sync, it’s available on Nightly now for testing, but will move down the pipeline in due time. Once it’s available, you’ll be able to add your new Mac and old PC to the same Sync chain and all your browsing data will between the two will be synced.

1 Like

I can see that, but at the same time I felt a HUGE change in the amount of ads I am getting in my Mac now comparing to what I was getting in my old pc laptop a few weeks ago. I had a nice flow of at least 15 ads per day… now in my new mac I get ads only when I first open brave, and one or two throughout day.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.