How to stop gramp.xyz popup in Brave browser on iPhone

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
While using Brave on my iPhone XR, a Google window opened with a popup from gramp.xyz. It said I had 39 viruses and would lose my phone. It had OK at the bottom of the box to click. I didn’t want to click it, and think you have a way around this.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. I went to my phone’s home page and opened up the spread of the opened items. Then I swiped up and got rid of that popup page. When I reopened Brave, that same popup page appeared.
  2. I turned off my phone and later turned it on again. The page was still there with the popup. Again I swiped up from the home page and removed it, but it came back.

Expected result:
How can I get rid of this and prevent any further popups?

Brave Version( check About Brave):
???
Mobile Device details
iPhone XR
Additional Information:
I was going to search a video on Vimeo when this happened.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.