How to stop from being asked if I want a Finance shortcut added to my home screen

I am using a Samsung S9.
browser version 1.17.75

When I Google a stock symbol followed by the word “stock” (for example “TSLA stock” I get a message at the bottom of the screen that takes up room saying “Add a Finance shortcut to your Home screen” along with and “Add” button or “No thanks.” Every time I check for a stock price, I have to click “No thanks.” It looks like this is from Google as there’s what looks like a Google Finance symbol next to it.

I tried to see of the same message would occur using Chrome, and it doesn’t. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Thanks.

@Martini,
I see the same behavior in Chrome as well. I imagine this is simply inherited Chromium code. I don’t think we have any options to disable this but I will reach out to Android team for more information.

I just tried it again on Chrome and it didn’t come up. I realized while trying that I was signed into Google on Chrome. I tried signing into Google on Brave and then the message did not come up.

It would still be nice if there was a way where this wouldn’t happen when signed in, too. I appreciate you reaching out to Android team about it. :slight_smile:

No problem – will let you know when I have more information. Note that it’s likely that this behavior will be removed in future releases.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.