How to show the tor icon next to my website url

When I try to access a website with an alternate tor link, a little icon appears in the URL bar, informing the user that there is a tor link for this site, as shown in the picture below.

How can I put a similar icon to my website which has an onion link?

Hello @Stylized8594

check this one

search for Onion-Location

and here how to config it

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @justsomeone1

Thanks for getting back.

I was able to add the meta tag to the webpage and it now works perfectly fine on the Tor browser, but it still does not appear on Brave; do you have any suggestions for how to address this?

Many thanks

2 Likes

Hello @Stylized8594

you very welcome :slight_smile:

did you tried the server configuration option or you do not have root access to it

i not sure which way brave use to detect the onion so first try the server option and if you can not or it does not work

then let me ask @Mattches to help us here and maybe add the option for brave to detect the meta tag

and have a nice day both of you :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I don’t have root access to the server so I think I’ll wait for @Mattches’s response.

Thank you so much @justsomeone1

1 Like

you very welcome

i found a request in brave github to add the meta tag option

here it is

so wait till they add this feature

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have forwarded this issue to the tor team for review — @justsomeone1 is correct here in that this is the only way (currently) to make this work. Hoping to get eyes on the feature request.

2 Likes

Got it :+1:

Thank you so much @justsomeone1 and @Mattches for helping me out, I really appreciate it. Stay safe and have a nice day / good night <3

2 Likes

thanks @Mattches

@Stylized8594 you very welcome and thanks a lot and you too