How to set up shortcuts for URLs like in Firefox [SOLVED]

In firefox, you can set up shortcuts for URLs. So instead of typing the whole address, you just type a pre-determined shortcut in the address bar, and it takes you to that site immediately.

For example, if you had generated the search result page:

you could set it up so that you just type ‘jbl’ and it takes you to that site. Is there a way to do this in Brave? I’ve hunted around a bit for this function, but only search keywords for search engines comes up. Any help much appreciated.

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried using Top Sites Favorites? Can just add url and name it whatever. Just click to access once added. Not the approach you were explaining, but I think it will do what you want and you don’t have to type anything, just click. Might want to try it out. Hope this helps . :slightly_smiling_face:

NTP → Customize Dashboard → Top Sites (enable) → Favorites (select)

Thank you Chocoholic.
This is a good workaround for now.
I have added a few sites to Top Sites and it works well, just have to New Tab and click. Still not as short as typing into the address bar though.
I hope they introduce the firefox url shortcuts in future.
Thanks again.

@thegreatrazzini Actually… I think this is already available. I just use Top Sites myself and was fixated on that approach.

You should check out Site search at brave://settings/searchEngines. You can also navigate to the page by right clicking in the address bar and selecting Manage search engines and site search from the menu. Just add the url string and define the shortcut. I tested and worked for me.

Screenshot brave://settings/searchEngines

Screenshot menu option from address bar

Hope this is more to your liking. Please post an update! Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much Chocoholic!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.