How to set Brave to go to new tabs

I just installed Brave in a new Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.2 installation. When I’m in a forum and wheel (center) click on a post to open the post in a new tab, I also have to click on the tab to read it. How can I get Brave to go directly to the new tab after wheel clicking?

The old Muon browser had a setting for this under TABS in settings that was titled SWITCH TO NEW TABS IMMEDIATELY but I can’t find the same in the new version.

Anybody?..

Nothing was heard but a lonely cricket chirping in the distance.

Hey @LadyFitzgerald, this feature isn’t in Brave Core I’m afraid. I’ll definitely put in a feature request for it though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate that (and for the response; I was ready to shoot that cricket!).

It’s kinda sad that some of the features that made the Muon version of Brave so great wound up being missing from the Chromium version (although I miss the problems of Muon like I do a toothache; at least the new version is much snappier!). Based on what I’ve read here, there are plenty of others who also miss some of the old features so I’m not the only one nitpicking.

@LadyFitzgerald,
I would also note that if you hold shift while middle clicking, you’ll jump to the new tab automatically.

1 Like

Well, son of a gun! That works! How about that? Now, I have to develop a new habit until a permanent fix comes along (if ever; this probably isn’t a high priority).

Thanks!

1 Like

@LadyFitzgerald,
You’re very welcome. For what it’s worth I also think that you should be able to set this in Settings. I’ll be sure to open a request for this and get some dev eyes on it. Thank you for reporting.