How to remove Zebpay from my Brave Rewards Account?

So, It’s been a while since I checked on my Brave Rewards. Last I remember, I had around 11BATs when I connected it to Zebpay around 3-4 months ago. As I was expecting, it should have been there but I realized that all have been gone to their membership fee. I read some of the topics here complaining about the fees they are charging, its really bad, my BAT portfolio is full gone.

I also just got a payout for March of 2.8BATs and I can’t withdraw because it’s too less to sell and withdraw. There’s no hope unless you collect all the BATs in the browser itself and connect to wallet once you have a good amount.

But the issue I am facing is how do I disconnect?? I can’t find any option here. Please let me know if there’s such option here.

1 Like

You can reset your Rewards profile, which will resolve the matter.

I did reset my Rewards Profile. But I can’t become a creator without connecting it to Zebpay wallet??

There used to be an option to not connect to any wallet and collect it in the browser. Did you guys remove that option?? This is straight bullying.

I don’t understand the point of you recommending me to do that knowingly well I won’t be able to earn BATs without connecting it to some wallet. This costed me losing 2BAT and it wasn’t even worth it.

You can reconnect back to ZebPay. Please see this phrase in the instructions sent above. You have not lost anything.

Estimated earnings will be paid. Even if you reset, your estimated earnings from your previous profile, up approximately to the time you reset, will still be deposited to your account in the next payout period.

Okay but my concern isn’t related to the BATs atm.

My concern is that I do not want to connect to Zebpay wallet. I want to collect rewards in the browser itself. That was the whole point of this conversation. It used to do that before.

This went away more than a year ago. You may want to read the posts from January and August 2023 below.

• Membership fee can be avoided if you don’t sweep your earnings to the account prior to you wanting to withdraw. They only charge you if there are funds sitting there and not being used.

• From what I’ve heard, there is no charge to withdraw to your bank.

• However, if you attempt to send to another crypto wallet, it will charge you 88 BAT for the transaction fee.

Then you can’t earn BAT at this time. Though you can always wait for on chain to arrive, which should be available this year. It’s currently in testing and will gradually be sending invites to users through the Rewards widget. You can read more on that in the topic below, where I also have links to official posts from Brave. So might want to read it and click on the links to read what they have to say.

You’ve been showing screenshots of Rewards. This is the one where you view ads to earn BAT. Creators is something different, where you register your website or channel with Brave so people can send you tips. As you’ll see in link at the topic above, you can do on chain tipping now for Creators, but if you’re in India then the only custodial partner you can use is ZebPay.

1 Like

Thanks @Saoiray for this detailed response.

I have been reading regarding the changes and I have to mention I don’t like the way things are working right now. Missing the old management.

Unfortunately, there are proportions of taxes that you are required to pay. There’s 18% GST, 1% TDS & 0.5-2% Zebpay fee.

Collectively, Zebpay is charging a lot even for a little amount. You need to earn a lot of BATs per month to survive these random charges.

Yeah my bad, got confused for a little bit.

Looking forward to ‘On-Chain Payments’. Hope that solves most of these issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.