How to recover my brave account?

Briefly describe your issue:
I had a brave account with just over 30 beats. I reset my pc because it had a problem and then reinstall brave. But I could not get my account back. How can I do ? I have already entered my key on my wallet but I have nothing…
Can you help me, thank you
What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
I use 1.25.28 version on windows
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No
What date did you verify your wallet?
I don’t know
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes i receive many BAT
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
I’m on computer
Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? Yes

1 Like

Unfortunately, your BAT account exists only on your device. If you have to reset your device for any reason, there is no way to recover that BAT account.

2 Likes

On a daily basis people, including me who has lost ~300BAT because of this, mention this issue here, yet the “restore your wallet with a recovery phrase” function is still being displayed in the Brave browser TODAY, clearly misleading people.

I’ve seen users like in this thread apparently being refunded by @steeven, but now I was told that refunds aren’t happening anymore. Could someone explain this whole situation? Why is the recovery option still being displayed and why can’t we get a refund even though we did not get a warning that our recovery phrase doesn’t work anymore?

I don’t know whether this is intentional so that many users can’t withdraw their fairly earned BAT, but it surely is very unprofessional and unfair.

1 Like

Hello @max37

sorry for your issue but the builtin recovery not avialable long time ago then there 2 cases you see it in your reward page

1. you did not update for long time
    or
  2. maybe bug happened to your profile that make does not get the new gui version for it
1 Like

@justsomeone1 No, that’s not the case. I reset my PC like 2 weeks ago so by Brave is on the latest version. This is my version: Version 1.25.70

As you can see, the option is still there:

The option is there on all of my devices, not just the ones that are synced to my “account”, so it’s definitely not a bug.

Now, given that the option is still visible in the latest version, I trusted that it works and apparently lost around 300 BAT. Is this my fault in any way? There was and is no alert saying that it does not work anymore.

1 Like

try to create new post and give full detail of the issue and one of the team would help you

1 Like

@justsomeone1 I already created a thread in the past and got no help since refunds are apparently not happening anymore. I created another one in case that changes anything… :slightly_frowning_face:

hope someone from the team help you soon
please notice it still weekend so do not expect a response before monday

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.