How to install latest version of Brave without losing bookmarks and settings of old version?

My version of Brave is from 2017 and has become corrupted and non-functional ( Brave Won't Open Because "Dangerous site Blocked" - #14 by fmarier ). I have been advised to install the latest version, which I wanted to do soon anyway. Can I install the new one right over the old one so as to save my bookmarks and settings? If not, if I must first uninstall the old version, how do I get my existing bookmarks and settings into the newly-installed new version. It would seem that they would disappear when the old version is uninstalled. I would appreciate your guidance on this. Windows 10 (ver 10.0.19042)

You could certainly try to install over your existing install, but I doubt with your install being from 2017 will work… 4+ years is more than enough time for configuration functional/locations changes to break… I’d fathom to guess you’re going to lose whatever you have now upgrading to the latest version…

Thank you. Can the existing bookmarks and settings be saved somehow? Are there perhaps certain files somewhere that I can copy before the uninstall of the old version and then subsequently “plug in” somehow into the newly-installed version?

The only place I know to look around in is the user Appdata dir… There maybe be a brave software dir that might have the bookmarks and other user config things… but bookmarks were definately one thing that they changed up… whether it was format or how the bookmarks are stored, no idea…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.