How to get back top sites?

Description of the issue: Brave for Windows 10 must have updated or something because it suddenly added a “Gemini” thing to my homepage/new tab (I removed it) and replaced all my top sites–which I visit daily–with sites I haven’t visited much or at all within weeks. I deleted them in hopes my real top sites would return but it’s blank now. :confused: I’d like to know how many times I have to visit a site for it to return to my top sites?

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open up Brave on Windows 10, open new tab.

Expected result: My top sites were all replaced with sites I don’t visit much and some Gemini thing was added.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: Just wondering how to get my real top sites back on there…can’t even remember them all but I use those links literally every time I open the browser, sigh.

Similar problem here. I closed the “Gemini” card, and my Top Sites completely disappeared. When I check the settings, it’s set to display, but nothing shows on my home page.

Exact same issue as well. Second time Top sites has just disappeared. As with tehuti88 the condition was on browser launch. First time it happened I rebuilt my profile. This became happening Aug. 27th.
Brave ver. Version 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)
running on Mac OS 10.15.6
and through a VPN.

Frustratingly, my browser is refusing to have more than one or two top sites. It got up to two at one point, but now it’s just one, and it keeps replacing it with whatever I’ve been visiting most often, instead of adding more sites to my links.

It used to have six top sites, so I don’t understand this. :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.