How to Enable Brave Rewards with uBlock Origin on Brave Browser

Description of the issue:
I am planning on signing up for Brave’s Bat Program where I can credit my personal favorite site owners. However I am using uBlock Origin(please don’t recommend me Brave’s built in adblocker, it doesn’t give me much flexibility) and as obvious as it may seem, uBlock Origin is blocking Brave’s Ads because I haven’t seen any ads(even after setting for 3 ads per hour).

How can I bypass this and display ads without deleting my extension uBlock Origin?

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Use uBlock Origin on Latest version of Brave 1.0.0

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
No Brave’s ads are displayed.

Expected result:
I want the ads to be displayed, to receive the BAT token.

Reproduces how often:
Everytime I suppose.
Attached is the filter lists I use if it’s of any use.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 x64
Brave 1.0.0

Additional Information:
This question was asked but not reponded to (for more than 7 months)

Hi @Binary,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to community! This is something that I’ll have to look into, but my initial thought is that they are not compatible, as Ublock origin blocks the Brave Ads.

I believe it should be in your faq’s as Brave is ad-blocking focused, you must have guides which tell us how to display Bat ads when the user uses other ad-blocker ads. Single uBlock Origin is by itself a skeleton app to block ads without filter lists, I must know which filter lists must be blocked.

@steeven

No reply for the last 3 weeks and no updates into this. Am I missing something?

Brave Ads are OS level, which Ublock origin doesn’t affect. So they are in fact compatible.

and what is a resolution to this for me?

Ublock can co-exist with Brave Ads.