How to emulate Tor's 'New circuit for this tab' in a Tor tab in Brave?

Tor windows in Brave don’t, as far as I’m aware, include Tor’s ‘New circuit for this tab’ function.

Is the only current way to achieve that by opening a new Tor window (or tab) and reloading the same URL?

@mk7z,
I believe that the New Tor connection for this site option is what you’re looking for (main menu):

1 Like

@mattches Thanks but I’m not seeing that option in either the Brave Beta or File dropdowns.

Is it in Beta Version 1.51.89 Chromium: 112.0.5615.121 (Official Build) beta (x86_64)] or was it added later than that version ?

OS is Mac 10.14.3 (Mojave).

It’s only available in the actual Tor Window main menu button

@Mattches I’m not seeing a main menu button.

If you mean the dropdown menu (in my case Brave Beta), it isn’t there and it isn’t in the File dropdown either.

The screenshot in my previous reply shows what I see.

If any other Mac user is seeing “New Tor connection for this site” in a Tor window please speak up.

Not sure of a clearer way to demonstrate this — open a Tor Window, click the main menu button on the top-right, click New Tor connection for this site:

1 Like

@Mattches OK, I see it now. Thanks.

Is there a reason why the ‘new circuit’ option is the only option on that top-right menu that’s omitted from the File dropdown menu (when in a TOR window)?

@mk7z,
I’m actually not sure — I guess that’s just the way it was implemented.