How to disconnect unverified Uphold wallet?

Long story short, I tried to link Brave Rewards to Uphold a year or so ago, and it let me start the process, but it won’t let me verify Uphold because I live in an unsupported state (Hawaii). So it shows Disconnected in Brave Rewards and keeps asking me to verify, which I can’t cause they still don’t support Hawaii. All the instructions I can find seem to say that you can only disconnect your wallet from Uphold (so I can switch to Gemini since it does support Hawaii) if the wallet is verified. That I can find, there’s no way to disconnect an Unverified Uphold wallet. Am I just missing it? Any pointers on how to disconnect my unverified Uphold wallet so I can switch it to Gemini?

1 Like

@sillygoosen,
So what do you see when you click here on your end?

I see a grey “Disconnected” button in the top left and if I click it, it just opens a new Uphold Window asking me to Authorize. I click Authorize and then it errors out and says it can’t connect until I’ve verified my Uphold wallet. So I go to Uphold.com, sign in, try to verify it, but I can’t because my address is in Hawaii and it won’t allow Hawaii addresses.

@sillygoosen,
I see – so basically you’re stuck in a weird loop because of the unverified state. Unfortunately, there are only two options for you here and nether are ideal tbh, but they will work:

1. Reset your Browser wallet – yes, you will lose any funds in there, but once reset you can start fresh and verify with Gemini.
  2. Wait until the next browser up date (v1.30x) – this update will contain the following fix/feature:
    https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/17154
    This will allow you to disconnect Brave Rewards from any custodian verified or not.
1 Like

Oh ok, if that option is coming I’ll just wait, no rush here. I’ve been waiting this long just to have the Gemini option once I realized Uphold wouldn’t support Hawaii. I will try again after the 1.30 update. Really appreciate the details and thanks for the quick replies!

2 Likes

No worries and we do apologize for the inconvenience. If you need any assistance switching/verifying w/Gemini once the update goes through please don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know.

1 Like

Is there an ETA on the 1.30 update? I am currently struggling with the same problem since I want to switch to Gemini

I got the same problem. I recently downloaded brave for my desktop and synced it. I got it connected to Gemini. So it’s showing the rewards - synced rewards on desktop. I must get the BAT for September in Gemini - only then I will save the BAT for this time. Also I have BAT since Nov 2020. How do I get those?