How to disable zoom widget

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1.how to permanently disable zoom widget on every web page
2. shows up on every web page top right corner
3. double click only hides it until refresh

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

@mudpuppy,
I do no believe there is a way to disable zoom entirely for all sites. Is there a particular reason the widget is bothering you?

sometimes it covers up important words underneath, and I don’t need it. why would a rarely used widget be permanently placed to stain every web page without possibility to disable? it makes no sense .

1 Like

@mudpuppy you mean this?

1 Like

zoom
only In Brave , I have this zoom widget at top right corner of almost every web page. Do you not?

@mudpuppy no, I don’t, never seen it before :confused:, you sure it is from brave?

thanks for sharing with me. Turns out it was an extension that got imported with all the others when I started using brave recently. I removed it easily. Again thanks for helping me out here. Great browser. I changed from vivaldi which was gettting really slow for me. :grin:

1 Like

Yes that widget is so annoying, It pops up every time I open a new page, or zoom. It pops up so often I can’t think of any reason for the constant reminder, why would I need to know that my tab is zoomed? I’m am well aware of the zoom level by looking at the font on the page…

Can someone explain why this widget is so persistent and of such importance that it must appear as often as possible and not be allowed to be disabled?

Can someone please shut this annoyance feature off? Or some 3rd party write a plugin to fix Brave’s oversight or lazyness?

I am writing this now because of the frustrations that I keep clicking the damn “reset” button so often because it covers the google search input field for 3 seconds every single time I press Back button!! Firefox would have never been this naive. And it’s this kind of wrecklessness on behalf of Brave developers that makes me wonder why I ever switched from firefox. Not saying I miss it, but I sure am not going out of my way to recommend this browser either - I wish users were treated more like people…

@newname what you describe have never happened to me, I have the zoom at 90% by default because I have a small screen – in some sites, the zoom is set even lower –

ctrl+0 will reset the zoom, so you don’t have to click the “damn” reset button :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.