How to disable this fullscreen ''x'' exit button?

Screenshot_173

Whenever I enter fullscreen, this black X button always appear, and it really is bad for browser gaming. If there’s isn’t, then this is my request: a way to disable it. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @DiegaoBalalaika, Welcome to Community!

What OS are you using?
What version of Brave are you using?

Hi. I’m using Windows 10.
The brave version is 1.11.97 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (64 bits)
The latest.

Can you try disabling all of your extensions? If that solves the problem, the next steps would be to enable each extension one by one, and seeing which one causes the issue.

Wait you got that wrong, that is not a problem, that ‘‘x’’ only appears when the mouse reaches the upper part of the screen. The extensions doesn’t matter (and I don’t even have one). I was only wondering if there is a way to disable it.

Hi @DiegaoBalalaika,
Apologies for the late reply. I need some clarification on this issue. e.g. can you explain how to reproduce?

It’s a Chrome feature where if you move the mouse to the top of the screen and move it further up it will display an X to close the´fullscreen activity.

@Aa-ron This is especially irritating in browser gaming, because you just have to look up in some games to see it constantly. This is especially true for some Stadia games like Metro 2033 which is currently in the Pro trial so you could try it out for free to reproduce it.

(Stadia itself is free tho, just saying so I don’t spread misconceptions. No subscription is mandatory.)

1 Like

Not certain how to evacuate the X button but rather you can prevent it from busy?