How to disable brave crypto wallet

its getting in the way, it prevents https://bridge.avax.network/login from working properly… it works properly on firefox but not on brave

it doesn’t work, uniswap and like every dapp is still broken

back to firefox i guess

Hi, Just so you know, I am new to crypto and Brave. l am just posting to see if I can learn and gain some understanding about how things work because I stay confused most the time! lol You guys can respond or not, no problem. :smiley:

Since I really don’t know how to ask the questions I have, I’m gonna make it short and vague. :wink:

Does this issue have anything to do with adding custom networks and wallet extensions?

### Additional wallet settings
On the Accounts tab, you can click the “gear” icon to adjust the browser’s wallet settings and behavior (you may also get here by going to brave://settings/wallet ).

Default cryptocurrency wallet - Use this option to set the default wallet the browser will use when interacting with dApps while browsing:

• Brave Wallet (Prefer extensions) - Select this option if you have a Brave Wallet created, but want sites to default to using a different wallet extension, such as MetaMask for dApps.
  • Brave Wallet - Select this option if you want dApps to use your created Brave Wallet.
  • Crypto Wallets (deprecated) - Select this option if you elected to use the old Crypto wallets setup rather than the new Brave Wallet implementation. Depending on your installation, you may not see this option.
  • None - Select this option if you do not want sites/dApps to interact with any installed or created wallets.
    Default base currency - Choose the currency you wish to view asset value in when using Brave Wallet. This is set to USD by default.
    Default base cryptocurrency - The currency by which you compare all other currencies.
    Show Brave Wallet icon on toolbar - Choose to show/hide the wallet icon on the browser’s toolbar.
    Automatically lock Brave Wallet - Choose how long it takes (in minutes) for the wallet to lock while inactive.
    Networks - Add custom networks for the wallet to transact on.
    Reset Wallet - Reset Brave Wallet. Note that all data will be erased (including any accounts/held assets) when selecting this option.

Why isn’t my MetaMask or other extension not working with Dapps?
Dapps work by communicating with a special object that Brave Wallet and extensions like MetaMask provide named window.ethereum. Only one wallet can provide window.ethereum to websites. In Brave, we expose a setting in brave://settings/wallet to be able to change which wallet provides window.ethereum. Here’s a description of each setting:

• Brave Wallet (Prefer extensions) - This is the default. Brave Wallet will expose window.ethereum but allow other extensions such as MetaMask to overwrite it.
  • Brave Wallet - Exposes window.ethereum and prevents sites and extensions from changing window.ethereum .
  • Crypto Wallets (Deprecated) - Gives access to the old deprecated wallet. This option is not compatible with other extensions such as MetaMask.
  • None - window.ethereum will not be provided by Brave Wallet at all. If you have extensions such as MetaMask, is is free to use window.ethereum .

After changing the default wallet, it is best to restart your browser. Why?

• If you had Crypto Wallets loaded, it won’t be unloaded until the next restart. When Crypto Wallets is loaded it will not work properly with other extensions trying to access window.ethereum .
  • Existing already opened tabs will not change to use the new wallet setting, you need a new tab or a browser restart.

I think my main questions are: In this instance, would adding Avalance as a custom chain help resolve the issue? or has that already been done and it is understood?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.