How to create more than 12 shortcuts on homepage?

I’ve created 12 shortcuts on the homepage of Brave but seems like it’s the limit. But I need to add more shortcuts here. Can anyone tell me how to create more shortcuts? Cheers!
Brave Version: Version 1.39.122 Chromium: 102.0.5005.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

4 Likes

I’m not sure if you can add more than 12. I’ve never had more than 12 and never seen more than 12.

1 Like

It would be great if I can add more than 12 of it! :"(

1 Like

Thinking of using Firefox for a long time but I can’t because of the resource hungriness of it. Firefox just uses too much memory, which I can’t give to a single browser! :’(

1 Like

Very interesting comment on memory so I decided to check it out on my computer. First I am using Linux Mint 20.2 on Intel with 8gb.

With two processes going Brave is using 760mb (processes with Brave in name).

At the same time same two processes going Firefox is using 284 mb (processes with Firefox in name).

So I decided to do a fresh boot.

OK fresh boot only Brave and Firefox running email. This time time Brave is using 550mb compared to Firefox using 131mb.

OK let me start several other processes and see what happens. Started Youtube. Now Brave us using 832mb, Firefox is using 156mb

OK started fmoviesgo.net. Brave using 970mb, Firefox using 187mb.

So at least on my system Firefox using far less memory. Seems just as fast too. Cleary we are each seeing different results.

Oh, and both have same extionsins. I am using Surfshark VPN whoch may run better with Firefox, who knows.

Thanks and good luck,
George Pitts

1 Like

Just today found another problem with Brave. I had posted my memory experiences. Got email from Brave which said Brave deleted the post telling me it was negative and inappropriate. I guess one is only allowed to make positive coments about Brave, even if comment was true and done looking for reasons for what I saw, maybe some fix, something I was doing wrong, something that might make Brave better. Guess I was wrong. Dr George Pitts calahula at usa.com.

1 Like

Go-go_duck,

Hope you even get this reply. Seeing how Braves operates, i doubt it. Bit also sending it to other places.

Thanks for quick reply, I understand and agree. But due to my experience I did try other browsers (and will try more) and found that everyone of them already had, or addons available that gives me everything Brave gave me, some even more, and several better.

So Brave has lost one user , me, and I plan on posting my experiences and results I found using other browsers in many places, so maybe Brave will lose many other current users too, and more importantly, it will prevent a lot more from ever even trying Brave. So in the end, Brave loses big time, and many browsers users find better solutions without going through the grief. Too bad as I had been using Brave at least two years.

Funny thing is I had NOTHING bad to say about Brave. I was just trying to help them improve. No one is perfect.

So Brave has lost one user , me, and I plan on posting my experiences and results I found using other browsers in many places, so maybe Brave will lose many other current users too, and more importantly, it will prevent a lot more from ever even trying Brave. So in the end, Brave loses big time, and many browsers users find better solutionswithout going through the grief. Too bad as I had been using Brave at least two years.

Funny thing is I had NOTHING bad to say about Brave. I was just trying to help them improve. No one is perfect.

And comment about Duckduckgo, which I had tried and liked. But I had to stop using it for searches because it repeatedly did not find what I wanted and gave back so few results on almost anything. I tried some simple searches and Duckduckgo, Goog, Bing, Brave, and a few others, Result differences were quite amazing, and Duckduckgo was by far the biggest loser.

Need privacy and no ads, well my VPN, Surfshark, has their own very private search with no adds which beat them all, much to my surprise, on both content AND speed.

George Pitts

1 Like

Hey! Sorry for late reply. From that day you told me the memory uses of Firefox, I installed it again and started using it on my pc on both Windows and Linux and I’m checking it continuously as my default browser. Will let you know about my experience on it and if I’m switching to it or not!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.