How to configure a PAC proxy in linux

I am using Brave in linux (xfce desktop) and when I attempt to configure a PAC proxy through “Settings” I receive the following message:
“When running Brave under a supported desktop environment, the system proxy will be used. However, either your system is not supported or there was a problem launching your system configuration.”

I have checked that the same problem occurs in Chrome. Is there a way to solve this issue?

1 Like

Hello there @Castorp. Have you tried on a different Chromium based browser apart from Brave and Chrome? If the issue persist on other chromium browsers, the issue can be related to Chromium itself, rather than Brave.

Be waiting for your response.

Thanks for your reply @Kevin_cc . i have also tried to configure the proxy in Vivaldi (in addition to Brave or Chrome), and the problem persists.

1 Like

Hi again @Castorp, it may seem that the issue is with chromium. Could you please try installing the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persist on those versions?

Be waiting for your response.

Thanks for your suggestion. The problem persists in these versions of Brave. In fact, this occurs in Chrome and in other browsers based on Chromium such as Brave or Vivaldi.

1 Like

On that case, it seems the issue is with the Chromium engine rather than with Brave. I suggestion I can make is try to configure your PAC proxy on a different Linux version to see if you are able to set it.

Let me know if that works.

Many thanks @Kevin_cc for your help. As far as I am aware, the problem occurs at least in xfce and kde desktops. However, it can be solved installing from Chrome web store an extension like SwitchyOmega.

Thanks for sharing that information. If you have any other issues or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us back in order to further assist you.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.