How to Bypass DPI Firewalls and VPN Blocks

Almost all VPN are blocked in my country. What do you recommends?

IVPN, IPvanish, NordVPN are few I’d recommend if you’re from countries that restrict network access like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, China…

Tor is also a good option if you just want to normally surf. However it shall it your network performance. If you’ve package of 25mbps or low, Forget using tor smoothly. I’d then suggest the above mentioned VPNs.

Most VPNs provides an “obfuscated servers” option. With these kind of servers, you can access internet freely from restricted countries. Also, use bridges during Tor installation rather then typical installation for better privacy. You can find Tor bridges on internet easily :slight_smile:

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

@btcz I think it also depends on what OS or DE your using as well. Per the other users request I suppose you’re already familiar with Tor but would prefer something more efficient and to work more reliably behind the scene.

I could recommend you a few but have you at least tried searching DDG/Startpage before you posted this because there a couple of obvious solutions that can help in this circumstance?

Agreed with @Numpty
Since @btcz is in a restricted country & cares about his/her privacy, try using stuff that is open source as much as possible. Seriously, stop Windows & Macs, use Linux : debian if you’re familiar with unix kind systems or Linux Mint for first use. Stop using gmail/outlook & use protonmail instead. Delete all social media like Facebook insta snapchat. Stop using products from companies like Google or Microsoft or Amazon. Try to encrypt everything : right from your files till your online communications. Use 4096bit PGP for your mails. Use Signal messaging instead of WhatsApp for voice/video calls & messages. Stop using Opera or Chrome & use Firefox or Brave instead. Perhaps this was an out of topic reply but what I’m trying to say is, if you really care about your privacy, then just a VPN is not sufficient to hide yourself from the general traffic.

Have you tried SurfEasy VPN? It’s free for quite OK time to surf per month.

5 devices
500MB free data / month and easy to get much more data to use.

thank you for all the answers.

proton vpn is working(tcp) good on my desktop. also proton mail is very good.

Perhaps SurfEazy isn’t what @btcz would like since it logs A Lot of unnecessary user data excluding the users traffic. Com’on, nothing is free today :slight_smile:

I didn’t suggest proton because it had some drawbacks. Sudden DNS leaks on Linux desktops, Dropdowns on Clients, Low server speeds upto 2mbps on Free servers, Premium servers also faced some issues in recent weeks. Although, the review about server speeds depends upon independent users & where they’re located :slight_smile:

What I consider while choosing a secure vpn has these qualities :
_> Handshakes encryption mechanism
_> Warrant Canary [Most Important]
_> 0 logging Policy
_> Transaction Medium [perhaps Crypto curr.]
_> No. Of years the company has been in market
_> Where the provider is located [Country or State]
_> No.of servers & server location.
_> Who can access these servers [Because some share server accessibility to third parties which can easily lead to a compromise]
_> Traffic encryption Grade [AES256 CBC + 4096RSA [2048 is fine but 4096 is thoroughly recommended]
_> Making sure the company isn’t based in 14 eyes.
_> What crypto they use & how often the keys are changes. Some offer 30 minutes period while some of 60 minutes of period before changing keys.
_> Search & surf through Tons of blogs & forums where individuals users share their ideas, opinions & thoughts on that products instead of blindly following the review that sites like PCMag & TomsGuide posts. They get paid to write review so obviously most of the part of such “too good to be true” are false.

Could you specify what data? And at least the boss name is not zuckerberg.

Well you never know.

SurfEasy may need to collect the following operational data in order to operate our Services.

Aggregate bandwidth usage for billing, network operations and support. Temporary usage data to assist with debugging a problem with the service. This information is not retained once trouble shooting is resolved. We perform automated rules-based traffic management for the purposes of maintaining and improving our service. Applying these rules may require real-time analysis of Internet and data traffic including destination websites or IP addresses, originating IP addresses. However, no log is maintained regarding this information as it is a real-time process. The SurfEasy website uses cookies, tracking pixels and related technologies. Cookies are small data files that are served by our platform and stored on your device. Our site uses cookies dropped by us or third parties for a variety of purposes including to operate and personalize the website. Also, cookies may also be used to track how you use the site to target ads to you on other websites. The SurfEasy clients may use in-app analytics technologies, like Google Analytics, to help improve and simplify the overall app, design and service. For the VPN in Opera Browser for Desktop, we create a subscriber ID (generated in sequential order across all subscribers) that allows us to manage that user on our system. If that user clears their browser cache/history, they’re assigned a new generated subscriber ID. SurfEasy is required to comply with law enforcement where subpoenas, warrants or other legal documents have been provided. We may collect and disclose personal information, including your usage data, to governmental authorities or agencies, including law enforcement agencies, at their request or pursuant to a court order, subpoena or other legal process, if there is a good faith belief that such collection or disclosure is required by law.

Since we manage a global network, your Internet traffic may be routed through one or more different countries.**

Account Information
In order to enroll you in our service and maintain your account we need to collect your email address. We may also use your email address for billing and customer support. From time to time we may use your email address to request your feedback on our service, advise you of promotional offers regarding our current and new services and provide you with updates on our new products and product features.

We may also collect information such as your name, address, phone number and payment information in connection with your purchase of our products and services. This information is used to fulfill your purchase and to bill you as necessary based on your service plan.

You can read their privacy policy here :

And again as I mentioned, nothing is free. Everything has a price.

When I dont pay a dime, I surely count it free.

@BOB-vagene Slow speeds on Free Servers is arguably appropriate wouldn’t you say? As for Linux rather unfortunately has it drawbacks with probably with every VPN that provides and optimal Linux service.
However, regarding the issues you faced didn’t changing/modifying:

• /etc/default/grub
  • /etc/sysctl.conf
  • vi /etc/modprobe.d/aliases

rectify the problems?

@BOB-vagene you forgot to mention SurfEasy was acquired by Symantec whose certificates are apparently going to be deprecated by some major browsers because of a few discrepancies surrounding their practice. Not to at all demean SurfEasy of course, the team behind it was by far the most respected in the community of VPNs and most likely still is but a couple of policies changed.

One other thing to apprehend is most VPNs are sort of similar in nature, the only differences I focus on is how neglectful and disrespectful one is, as for the functionality for the average Joe, depsite their policies which really should be a concern, most of them work perfectly fine.

Isn’t this the exact same thing I said ? :slight_smile: Low speed is the price for free servers & sometimes no VPN connection would be made due to server-side overload.

It did, even the resolv.conf or /etc/resolv.conf does a good job in preventing DNS leak when connected on a vpn by putting DNS provided by the VPN company. But we’re talking about a general user who uses Windows, I doubt it would be easy for a new user I understand how it really works & solutions for such errors.

Just gave an opinion that if I were to choose a VPN for privacy then surfeasy wouldn’t be on my list, for sure.

Well Again, it depends on user to user, for a folk like myself, I like to make sure I invest my money in the right place without compromising the main agenda [Here : Privacy]. To make sure I put my money on right place, I don’t mind carrying some deep analyses & lookaround :slight_smile:

Not a good thing, is it? Companies who have done this have passed through a series of backfires, for instance HMA & PureVPN & Hola [This is the one of the worst so far :joy:]

Just AVOIDING Anything that claims to “provide better privacy” & yet is located in 14 eyes. Nothing else.

HMA was acquired not long after the discrepancy arose by AVG and they sort of combined it with their not very popular VPN, AVG a couple of years after this was acquired by Avast which left Avast with the acquisition of not just an Anti-Virus solution but two other VPN services with a great number of users/customers leaving Avast remarkably with three different VPN solutions. To my understanding they reside in Switzerland, do you reckon they modified the other policies unifying it into one, essentially the policy they have with Avast SecureLine and further protect current users because their Secure Line service though not very popular is privacy friendly.

Czech Republic I guess.

I always prefer a standalone company. I would only use Anti-malware engine from avast & VPN from a company whose main product is VPN. Just me being me.

Avast SecureLine also has a little invasive privacy policy & working mechanism. You might wanna give its complete privacy policy a look, including the policy of SecureLine & privacy policy of Alwil Software/Avast. Matter of fact, this goes same with most VPNs that are provided by an antimalware industrialist I.e. invasive policies. Kaspersky has its ownVPN, I guess it’s called “secure connection” or something familiar & shares the source code & mechanism of VPN module with AnchorFree’s HotSpot Shield. BitDefender too. Even Norton has its own VPN, I wonder who would really trust a word from Symantec, At least I wouldn’t. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.