How do I Unamaximize on a mac?

Description of the issue: I Maximized Brave so that it took over the entire screen. I could no longer see the red, yellow, and green dots in the upper right corner of the browser (which is normal behavior for any app that gets maximized). I could not find a way to make Brave un-maximize. I wanted it to go back to being a window onscreen. The ESC key did nothing. How do I make Brave return to being windowed again after it is maximized?

How can this issue be reproduced? Simply maximize Brave on a mac. The what?

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.11.104 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Mac OS version (note: NOT up to date, my mac is just too old for the current OS version): 10.13.6

Additional Information:. When Brave was maximized, I believe that {cmd key + m} did not minimize it.

My “workaround” to make Brave a window again was to: copy the current URL of each of my tabs, entirely close Brave, open it up again (windowed) and manually recreate my tabs.

1 Like

The answer is: control + cmd + F
This weird key combination is a Mac standard keyboard shortcut for maximizing and unmaximizing.

And to think that once upon a time, MAC stood for obvious and easy to use…