How do I turn off automatic importing of bookmarks from other browsers?

Brave browser will import literally thousands of my old bookmarks from previous browsers installed on my laptop. I will delete them but soon they are all back again. Is there a switch in Settings that will stop this?

It shouldn’t be doing that, in fact I am not aware of any way to do that even on purpose.

Are you using Brave Sync?

No Sync. Only does this occasionally. Won’t stay permantly deleted.

What operating system?

What version of Brave?

How did you install it?

How are you deleting the bookmarks when it does happen?

Is anything set in brave://flags ? (Anything with a non-default setting will be sorted to the top, and will have a blue dot next to it.)

Brave: Version 1.32.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45

(Official Build) (64 bit)

Installed: Download from Brave website

How deleting bookmarks: Brave bookmarks manager

brave://flags No blue dots. Enabled: Accelerated 2D canvas; Partial Swap; Latest stable JavaScript features; Hardware-Accelerated video encode; Threaded scrolling

Note: I never purposefully import bookmarks anymore; but occasionally Brave will import over 2400 bookmarks from old IE, Google Chrome, & MS Edge. When I initially installed Brave browser, I used Sync but because it kept importing bookmarks unsolicited, I turned off Sync. It still imports bookmarks but only occasionally.

@Dutch39,
Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time that might be doing this? As @JimB1 states, this is not a feature of Brave – the only way to import data from another browser is by manually telling the browser to do so.