How do I stop pop-ups from Brave (NOT pop-up ads) displaying in lower-right corner of the browser?

Description of the issue:
While on various sites Ads from Brave (NOT pop-ups) display in the lower-right corner of the browser

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
They show up randomly

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
See attached screenshot
Expected result:
n/a
Reproduces how often:
roughly every 5minutes?
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Win 10 Brave 1.58.135
Additional Information:
I have turned off all possible options that would allow pop-ups. They occur on all sites I visit.
brave ad

@iccohen that’s an ad notification, which is part of Brave Rewards. They show because you enabled it.

https://brave.com/brave-rewards/

https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001053052-Rewards

To turn them off, go to Brave Rewards and disable it.

You’ll see in the screenshot above there’s a toggle for Notification Ads and New tab page ads.

And more on types of ads you can see as part of Brave Rewards can be seen at part of my FAQ: What types of ads are there?

Thanks so much, I was afraid toggling those would impact my ability to earn Brave tokens. Cheers! OK to close ticket.

They do Impact your ability to earn. You have to view them if you want to earn the BAT. Your question just was about how to turn off the notifications, so that’s what I was focused on answering

If you turn off the notifications, you will not see them anymore, but that also means you will not be able to earn BAT for it.

That said, you can always go into your operating system notification settings, and change how notifications appear to you. For example, I have my notifications sent only appear in the notification center, and not to appear as a pop-up notification. You can find those settings inside your notification center on Windows.

I’ll be honest, I’m on Windows 10, and I’ve visited several areas under Settings re Notifications, but I’m not really sure where I should be going to implement the changes you suggested above.

Check out Not earning rewards for ads - #8 by Saoiray

Especially the extra tip part

Thanks again for the quick replies; Brave is not listed as one of the options under “Get notifications from these senders”, so I’m guessing this is a Windows issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.