How do I stop Brave pop-up ads

FIXED: I went onto my apps on my computer–not my phone and it showed me apps that were installed on my phone. I was surprised to find some apps installed on my phone in the google play store (on my computer) that did not show up on my installed apps on my phone. After reading and looking to see what apps were installed I noticed an app called “Start.” The reviews were mixed but noticed that a lot of people said they there were too many ads. Evidently, I installed this app but I don’t remember it being called start. When I uninstalled the app on my computer, amazingly the Brave Ad Remover has stopped popping up. It has now been 24 hours and no Brave Ad Remover shows. Wanted to do dance.

I’m in Cleveland visiting but they started at home in Atlanta GA. I have no apps that I can narrow down to but I’m also getting grocery ads as well.

Had the same problem, really don’t mind ads with free apps but these ads came up every 1-2 minutes and they open full screen and when the app is closed! Recently installed iCompass from the Google Play Store. I uninstalled this app from my apps in Google Play Store but ads still kept popping up. Went back to check installed apps in Google Play and iCompass wasn’t on the list, however when I clicked on Library (This displays all apps ever installed), the app was here (of course) but instead of having the “Install” icon next to it it had an “Open” icon next to it implying it had not been uninstalled. When looking at your Google play app Library its worth while sorting by recently used. The iCompass app said that it had been used 2 minutes prior. I hadn’t used it! But the ads had! Clicked on open and then uninstall again and ever since no ads. Bliss! I don’t think these ads come directly from Google, I believe they are generated from this iCompass app. In my case it was the iCompass app, perhaps there are other apps that can produce the same adds. Hope this helps… Good luck!

I’m getting the same thing randomly all times of the day. Mostly brave video ads with a few others , local taxi apps etc. Driving me mad, help. I’m in Bristol UK.

I noticed the same YouTube icon when I was getting the ads. I uninstalled YouTube for 10 minutes and the ads still came up. Then reinstalled YouTube. Think the YouTube icon at the top left is fake…

If you look in your a Google Play apps and then click on the Library tab, sort the apps by recently used, you should be able to identify which app is generating the adds. My Library of apps detailed that I had used an app called iCompass 2 minutes ago and I hadnt, it was closed too. Uninstalled this app and ads have stopped.

I believe this isn’t the only app that generates these adds but in my case this was the one that was for me. Also for extra trouble shooting the iCompass app didn’t appear in my installed apps list on Google Play, it only appeared on the Library tab list of apps in Google Play and had a button next to it reading “Open” suggesting it was installed… All of the other apps in my Google Play Library list had a “Install” button next to them or no button next to them if the app no longer exists in the universe!

Prior to locating the app and uninstalling, I received adds for Brave and 2 other companies, can’t remember their names now, the Brave one popped up the most, every 1-2 minutes.

I further read the reviews of the iCompass app from Google Play and many people users have experienced the same.

FIXED

Thank you for this… I found this to be the problem app too.

I believe this isn’t the only app that generates these adds but in my case this was the one that was for me.

Also for extra trouble shooting the iCompass app didn’t appear in my installed apps list on Google Play, it only appeared on the Library tab list of apps in Google Play and had a button next to it reading “Open” suggesting it was installed… All of the other apps in my Google Play Library list had a “Install” button next to them or no button next to them if the app no longer exists in the universe!

Prior to locating the app and uninstalling, I received adds for Brave and 2 other companies, can’t remember their names now, the Brave one popped up the most, every 1-2 minutes.

I further read the reviews of the iCompass app from Google Play and many people users have experienced the same.

I had same problem too. How do I stop Brave Adblocker ads ??? Driving me crazy !!! I uninstalled ALL apps one by one and right at the end, and nearly trashed my Note 8, the app that was doing it for me was … Slick - Auto Background changer & Eraser. NO MORE ‘BRAVE’ HORRIBLE ADBLOCKER ADS !!! Hooray !!! But Now I’ve noticed another AD trying to get in there in place of the BRAVE AD not as annoying though, I will soon find that and also kick it out … I have iPhone 8 and because I have been so traumatised by google - android and friends with the BRAVE ADs… iPhone is now back in use. I haven’t as yet destroyed my Note 8 because of the ADS, because I really like the Note 8 and i am hoping there will be a solution to get rid of ALL ads for good. Looks like I’ll be using my iphone for quite a while though … :confused: SAMSUNG are going to lose a lot of customers because of the AD pandemic … APPLE must be laughing

I am having same problem. Almost exclusively Brave Adblocker ads. NYC Metro area. Will try some of these suggestions.

I’ve been having the same problem for the last couple of weeks with pop-up adds appearing on my android phone with increasing frequency. They would appear anytime, when I was using the phone and when the phone was charging and locked. Most annoyingly, these pop-ups were also happening through the middle of the night - sonehow they were able to override the ‘do not disturb’ function on the phone and, even with the phone on mute, these ads were still playing sound, waking me up at all hours. I’ve wasted hours researching this, reading up on communities like this one, downloading various malware and antivirus apps, changing phone settings, etc. However, following the guidance on this community, I removed a compass app that was downloaded 1-2 weeks before this problem started occurring and my problem is now solved! No more pop-up ads at all! Thank you for people taking the time to post - I was getting ready to bin my phone! For those still struggling, my next step was going to be downloading a Network Connection app to see which apps were active in the background, which I believe may have led me me to the same result. Good luck!

Just an FYI for everyone on this thread:

Thanks!
Lauren

cc @Mattches

I use an android and would like the brave browser to STOP interrupting me. I am in Pooler GA am interrupted when using Pandora, Words with friends, Marco Polo AND AT RANDOM TIMES WHEN I AM NOT EVEN ON MY PHONE. please make it stop
Thanks, Jo

Help. This woke me up w light n music at 4 am n I can’t get it to stop. Helppppppppp! I’m a little angry. I’m in Hurricane WV

Could it be that this special Popup behavior is Samsung related?!
Is it possible that a internal (Stock)App was compromized to show All these ads?

E.g., I read something about a Kind of Samsung newsfeed App named “upday”. This app is a cooperation between Samsung and some print–and online Media - to Display news and ads, without being inhibited by any adblocker.

Maybe this (or that Kind of app) was compromized to display your annoying full Screen ads!?

another link:
https://www.solvemix.com/index.php/android-smartphones/1287-upday-on-the-samsung-galaxy-s7-disable-notifications

This is still happening today - September 24th on my note 8. Any other ideas?

Started today in Chattanooga, TN and has popped up Brave and a grocery store. Now in New York, State and still happening. New Samsung Galaxy Tab 8A. Popped up in Kindle. Annoying and while the Brave app looked interesting this unwarranted ad popup is spoiling my interest. If there is a solution I would sure appreciate some advice. Thanks

Same problem in DeRidder Louisiana.
Upgraded from S6 to note9. An right now I am not liking the upgrade.

These are screenshots of the ads that pop up, one popped up while I was writing this post. It says it’s from Facebook, but it stayed even after I uninstalled Facebook so I don’t know. Hope you can fix this or hold someone accountable

After the annoying ad popped up on my Note 8 yet again I used Google Play to find out which apps were recently used (Google Play >My Apps and Games>Installed>sort by last used) and quickly identified that it said I had used an app called Note 8 music player. I hadn’t. This was the app carrying the mal ware. A quick look at Google Play’s reviews on this app confirmed that others have had the same problem. Hope this helps. Thanks for those that posted here.