How do I stop brave creating so many new tabs

I am using Brave browser recently downloaded on MacOS Catalina and Qwant as search engine. Every time I click any kind of link it opens a new tab rather than replacing the one I have as used to happen on safari. This is leaving me with an unworkable crazy cluttered browser bar and I have to keep closing tabs continuously just to make any space. Eg. browsing through a website I end up with 30+ tabs opening just from 5 mins clicking through to read different sections of the site. Is there a setting somewhere to change this? I am using Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)](https://brave.com/latest/)

1 Like

Having the exact same issue!
I’m so exhausted of the clutter that Brave just dumps on us and I’ve been looking for a way to change this function but I’ve found nothing. If I’m trying to search one thing and follow links I don’t need 18 tabs recording where I’ve been. I have history and backspace for that.
Please give us a way to fix this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.