How do I migrate from the developer version to the standard version?

Description of the issue:
I’m trying to migrate from the developer version back to the standard version but there doesn’t seem to be an obvious way to do that, e.g., Import Bookmarks will import from Brave (old) but not Brave (dev). I gather I could migrate my rewards by restoring the wallet.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave Version 0.71.74 Chromium: 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) dev (64-bit) on Windows 7.

Additional Information:
I’d like to migrate bookmarks, extensions, wallets, rewards, etc.

@latone,
To be safe, I would export your bookmark, your passwords/login data and restore your wallet (as you noted) rather than moving profile folders around between channels. Different Chromium versions on different channels can sometimes cause issues and I wouldn’t want you to lose your data.

First, export you bookmarks
Settings --> Bookmarks --> Export bookmarks

Export your Passwords
In Dev, type Brave://flags into the address bar. Search for a flag titled #password-import, enable it, and relaunch the browser when prompted. After relaunching, go to Settings --> Autofill --> Passwords --> More options --> Export passwords:

Now download/install stable, and import your bookmarks and passwords, then restore your wallet using your seed phase.

1 Like