How do I manually pin or curate URLs on the new tab page?

When I open a new tab, I get the beautiful new tab page, including icons for some of the sites I visit. I can optionally pin these icons to keep them on the new tab page. However, I’ve found three issues that I can’t figure out:

1. How do I manually pin a URL to that page? It seems like I just have to wait until a URL shows up one day, if it ever does, then pin it. I’d rather be able to add/pin a URL there manually, similar to adding a bookmark.

2. How do I change or curate URLs that are automatically added? For instance, I use Fastmail. I have a Fastmail icon on the new tab page right now (not pinned), but instead of going to Fastmail.com, it takes me to https://www.fastmail.com/mail/Inbox/message-id-redacted?u=user-id-redacted. If I click the X to remove that icon, Fastmail will eventually show up on the new tab page again, just with a different message ID. I tried right-clicking it, but there’s no edit option. I looked in bookmarks, in case these pins are a special bookmark case, but found nothing.

3. How do I turn off the automatic adding of sites to the new tab page? I don’t see an option for that, but I feel like I’m just missing something obvious.

I came here looking for the answer to the first of these questions (and then realised from the OPs description that I would also want to know the answers to 2 and 3).

Can anyone help us?

The new tab page is under heavy development. Each of the issues will be fixed with the later version.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.