How do I get rid of these strange cookie permissions?

Certain sites add cookie permissions without asking. They appear at:
Settings > Privacy and security > Site and Shields Settings > Cookies and site data
under the Allow heading and look like this:

Clicking on the trash can does nothing. How do I get rid of these and how do I prevent new ones appearing?

Clearing the cookies (from your screenshot), won’t be permanent. Cookies will be used on that site if you visit/login. Not all cookies are bad, 3rd-party cookies on some sites can be more problematic.

Under the Allow heading “Settings > Privacy and security > Site and Shields Settings > Cookies and site data” I keep a list of cookies that I retain when Brave closes. However, I have never given explicit permission to Allow the ones listed with the trash can.
My questions are:

1. How were these permissions granted?
  2. What is the trash supposed to mean?
  3. How do I delete these permissions but leave the ones I want to keep?

1. How were these permissions granted?

Depending on your shield settings, its automatic (allow, and cross-site cookies blocked).

2. What is the trash supposed to mean?

Will remove currently saved cookies in the browser, for that site.

3. How do I delete these permissions but leave the ones I want to keep?

Unfortunately you can’t with fine tune which cookies you allow/disallow directly in Brave. This maybe fixed via an extension: (there is more, but some to try)

Not all cookies are bad,

Helpful, thank you. BTW this is the third time I have asked this question over several months and this is the first worthwhile answer I have received. Appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.