How do I connect my account back?

Briefly describe your issue:
I can’t link my account back to my Uphold account or old browser in my previous Windows 7 installation.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Windows 7 (Working Brave with Rewards linked to Uphold, or at least knowing what Uphold account to send the earnings to)

Window 11 (Brave installed, rewards enabled, can’t link to Uphold)
Brave v1.44.112

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes and No

What date did you verify your wallet?
Don’t have that information (Or don’t know where to get it)

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes, several times.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes (Argentina)

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?
Not sure what you mean by “Custodial Partner” but if that means Uphold, I believe the answer is no.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Not applicable.

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?
Not sure how to check that.

What should I do to link this Brave on Windows 11 to work as the Windows 7 one was working.

PS: I tried with the list of secret words and it didn’t work (I’m almost positive I’m using the correct ones, not sure how to get them again if that’s the workflow)

If you actually check the above, then Argentina isn’t supported for Brave rewards verification yet. So new rewards profile can’t be connected to Uphold. The old ones which are connected stay connected for around 90 - 120 days, after which it disconnects automatically for security reasons.

That’s the main problem. It’s not a new profile, I want to know how to port my Windows 7 Brave Rewards account with my new installation on the Windows 11 machine.

In the meanwhile this profile on Windows 11 has been earning credits, and I wonder where those will go at the end of the month?

And yes I know that Argentina is not on the list, but that’s what I’m saying my profile on Windows 7 is receiving the rewards in the Uphold account with no issues.

Also not sure why using the secret words did not work. What’s the point of them then?

The ones where your rewards profile is unverified will get rewards in rewards wallet.

If you mean for sync, then you need to understand that sync, atleast as of now, doesn’t support syncing rewards with other installations of Brave.

1 Like

Thanks SmartyAadi. Not sure what the “Rewards wallet” is, but I’m guessing that’s the one on the Browser itself?
I guess I can wait till the end of the month and see how things go.

Thanks a lot for the help and feedback.

When you click on the Triangle icon in the Search bar it’ll take you to the rewards dashboard. That’s basically the rewards wallet. Do note, the rewards wallet is totally different from the Brave wallet

You will get a claim button anytime after the 8th of each month. The payments for Brave Rewards starts on the 8th of each month. When you get the claim button, you need to click claim and then those BATs show up in ‘Your Balance’ und in Brave Rewards wallet.

1 Like

There is an issue here.

The button to claim did show up, but why the amount doesn’t match?

Screenshot 2022-11-01 105623

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.