How change google search engine to use another country version?

Description of the issue: I can’t change google.com search engine for another country version (e.g. google.cn, google.ca, etc) while keeping the support of search preview and other stuff.
How can this issue be reproduced?
Chromium Standard search engine is:

{google:baseURL}search?q=%s&{google:RLZ}{google:originalQueryForSuggestion}{google:assistedQueryStats}{google:searchFieldtrialParameter}{google:iOSSearchLanguage}{google:searchClient}{google:sourceId}{google:contextualSearchVersion}ie={inputEncoding}

Wich always use google.com as main page. I have problems with that source sometimes because of a delay for my country. So i would like to change it for another country version of google, while keeping all search engine parameters.

I could enable it by adding a search engine like this: https://www.google.ca/search?q=%s , but when i use it, it cant predict search or suggests options.

Expected result: . Something like this

{https://www.google.ca/:baseURL }search?q=%s&{google:RLZ}{google:originalQueryForSuggestion}{google:assistedQueryStats}{google:searchFieldtrialParameter}{google:iOSSearchLanguage}{google:searchClient}{google:sourceId}{google:contextualSearchVersion}ie={inputEncoding}
(this one doesnt work)

**Brave Version( check About Brave ):**1.8.86

Reference to this issue never answered: How change google seach engine to use another country version?

I know how to set the search engine what I am asking is how to get instant search working with other countries domains i.e. “.com.au” for Google, such that it offers search results in the url bar. The question is not stipulating how to change search engine its how to change search engine and have instant search (search preview) keep working.

That’s not what I am asking this is what I am after:

Google Instant Search is a feature that predicts what you’re searching for and shows results as you type. It uses Google’s autocomplete technology to show predicted search terms in a drop-down box, and begins to display search results below the drop-down.

@Haxxa
The facility is now unavailable
create new topic
Put your queries in Brave feature request

From what I understand now, Google will know which geo location you’re coming from. So www.google.com will use the local data from your country.

Example of this if you’re using a VPN, and using Google search. (assuming private mode/cleared cookies) Google will pick up the new location.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.