How can I change my name in the Brave community forum?

All is said in the title. I just don’t find a way to change my display name in the settings…

@trezor,
New members are not allowed to change their user name right away. However, if you’d like to tell me what you want to change it to I’d be happy to change it for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mattches,
That would be great, thanks. Could you please change my name to “trezor”. Cheers.

1 Like

@trezor,
It appears that that name is taken by another user on the site – and user names must be unique. Is there a variation on the name that you’d be okay with (or a different name all together)?

@Mattches, something is strange: I have chosen the name trezor on my profile (the name between the profile picture and the E-Mail address in the preferences section. On the top I see in slightly bigger letters my username and below my name trezor.

But why does it show my username in the community and not my nickname? What is the reason to specify a name, when it is not displayed in the community? I assumed that Brave is going to display the nickname I have chosen not the username…what is the reason of the name in preferences then?

Anyway…if only the username can be displayed in the forum and there is already a user with a username trezor, trez_or as a variation would be ok for me. Cheers!

1 Like

@trezor,
It looks like the name you entered is your nickname and can be seen here:

I’m going to go ahead and change your user name for you to read trezor. If you want it changed back or I somehow spell it wrong please let me know and I’d be happy to change it back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@mattches,
Looks good now! :slight_smile: Thanks!!

2 Likes