How am I auto logged in to my Microsoft account?

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue: Everytime I go to the website login.live.com, I am auto logged in despite having nothing saved about Microsoft in browser. I made sure no cookies were exempted and no login credentials are ever saved. Also cleared all data from Settings>Site settings>Data stored. But still my account on login.live.com opens logged in.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Goto login.live.com and login to your MS account
  2. After logged in, tap the padlock icon at the address bar > Site settings > Clear and reset. Or, clear all data from Settings>Site settings>Data stored.
  3. Visit login.live.com again, you are still logged in to your account

Expected result: I shouldn’t be logged in like that.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.24.86

Mobile Device details Nokia 6.1, Android 10

Additional Information:

@sgr,
Thank you for reaching out.
On my end, following your steps I was unable to reproduce this issue. I’m wondering if you get the same results if you close/leave the site after clearing the data, then try to visit again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.