How advisers work in Brave ecosystem?

Hello there,

I read the whitepaper and I see BAT is a great project with lots of potentials. I tried some functions, but I have some things beyond my understanding.
I have a question on how the advertisers work in the ecosystem.

If I am an advertiser (actually I am not:)),

1. how could I register and publish my ads? Whether I need an agency or middleman?
  2. what’s the cost to publish an ad?
  3. Do I need to buy BAT and deposit as a fund?
  4. how do I pay users or other parties?
    5, what is Basic Attention Metrics (BAM) and how does it works in practice?
    6, what kind of data about end-user could I get specifically? Will Brave colletct these data for me?

The list is a bit long.

Thank you for helping in advance!

@funkyswing,
I would head over to https://brave.com/brave-ads-waitlist/ – you should find the information you’re looking for here :slight_smile:

Thank you for the info.

I have checked this. There are actually liitle info on the details how advisers promote and interact with users. As I mentioned I am not an adviser publisher, I may not try all the servises.

:smile:

Hi, @funkyswing.
I’m Director of Sales here at Brave. Happy to answer your questions.

1. how could I register and publish my ads? Whether I need an agency or middleman?
    We have a campaign order form along with a category order form that clients can use to submit their information to run ads. We work directly with brands or with agencies to run ads. If you’re interested, feel free to send me an email: carlos@brave.com.

2. what’s the cost to publish an ad?
    Really, the spend depends on what the overall goals for the campaign. But for a normal campaign that is looking for click-through rate, registrations, or email capture, the minimum is $2,500.

3. Do I need to buy BAT and deposit as a fund?
    Campaigns are invoiced at the end of the month, and we accept either USD or BAT for campaign payment.

4. how do I pay users or other parties?
    Advertisers do not pay users directly. 70% of the ad spend for the campaign is distributed to the users through Brave Rewards on the browser.

5, what is Basic Attention Metrics (BAM) and how does it works in practice?
When a user views an ad, they are awarded BAT. The amount of BAT is determined by the browser. Users need only view the ad to be rewarded; they do not need to click on the ad. Our platform works a bit differently than others. We use a blind token model to report ad events anonymously to our servers, protecting our users’ privacy. Our ad catalog is periodically sent to all devices and contextual targeting is done using categories chosen by the client as well as the browser itself. We can measure, click-through rate, 10s visit rate, dismiss rate, and, more recently, conversions (based on a URL designated by the advertiser). These metrics are all anonymous.

6, what kind of data about end-user could I get specifically? Will Brave colletct these data for me?
We do not collect any data on our user base. Any data we have is self-reported. We can provide the metrics described above, but nothing about individual users. We can, for example, distribute a survey through our push notification ad unit. That would provide you with data based on user-consent.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any other questions or concerns.

2 Likes

Hello Carlos,

Thank you vey much for thorough details.

Your answers are very helpful to me.

Two more question:

• except for push notification, could the ads published via Brave appear in search results (in duckduckgo, for example) or the websites users visiting?

• what are the main differences between Brave ads and Google ads?

By the way, could I ask if you have a visual graphics to show how participants are interacting on ads? This would be useful for me to write a report of Brave for Chinese readers.

Thank you again.

Have a good day!
Leo

Only if the site owner opt-in to Brave Ads. But this feature is not yet available. Publishers ads is still being worked on.

I’m pretty sure basicattentiontoken.org have the answer for this.

In short, privacy by design. All process is happens in user device. No user data leave user device.

Also this one may help. https://youtu.be/qEj5ZiQohJc

Hello @eljuno ,

Thank you for answering. It’s informative. I will read more on the documents.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.