Hovering mouse activates Brave windows

This is a serious bug that is starting to generate quite a number of reports, ALL of which are going completely ignored by Brave staff. I have yet to see one person from Brave staff actually attempt to follow through with investigating this issue.

The problem: Seemingly at random, simply hovering the mouse cursor over another Brave window brings that window to the foreground. No clicking of anything in the Brave window is required. Another thing to note is that the previously-active window is STILL active even though it is visually behind the window that just took the foreground.

Below is a GIF illustrating the issue. Notice how the window on the left is active. I then activate its address bar and take the mouse cursor offscreen to hover over a link in the window on the right. This causes the right window to take the foreground, but you can see that the left window is still active as I type into the address bar even though it is visually in the background.

There’s another bug report for this same issue here which has, as usual, gone ignored by Brave staff:

Here’s another on Brave’s Github, ignored, of course:

What will it take for Brave staff to finally investigate this bug?

My specs:

• Windows 7 x64
  • Version 1.17.54 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

It does this with the full release version as well. I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled Brave and it still has this issue. Something has to be done about this because it’s making Brave unusable.

I tried putting all of the below links in OP, but it says that new users can only include 4 links, so I will include them all in supplemental posts.

There are SEVEN more reports below, all from different users reporting the same problem. Again, NONE of them have been addressed by Brave staff:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.