I like to remove cookies and browsing history anytime I leave a given website, and I may do so several times during an hour-long browsing session. Presently, on Brave for iOS, this process requires several steps:
- Tap … (to get menu).
- Tap Settings (to get Settings dialog).
- Tap Clear Private Data (to get Clear Private Data dialog).
- Tap Clear Private Data (to get confirmation prompt).
- Tap Clear Private Data (to actually clear the data).
- Tap <Settings (to return to Settings dialog)
- Tap Done (to return to Brave home/new tab page, showing favorite website links).
I would greatly appreciate a top-level Clear button, appearing on every page/tab, just as the “…” button does now. A tap on my requested Clear button brings up a confirmation dialog (Cancel, Clear). Tapping Clear on the confirmation dialog actually clears, closes tabs, and returns to default New Tab page. The …/Settings/Clear Private Data dialog still allows the user to fine tune precisely what is cleared when the top level button is used.
I confess I got this idea from the DuckDuckGo browser for iOS; I find it to be a wonderful, labor saving feature. Saving my time and effort – that’s why I think it should be considered.
Thanks for your consideration,