Hootsuite login problem

I find it unable to login to Hootsuite through my Brave browser, either through a direct login or via one of my social media portals. When logging in with Twitter, it gets up to “Redirecting you back to the application”, then reverts to the login screen.

Switching shields off does ot seem to help.

The site functions as normal in Chrome and other browsers.

Brave version is 0.68.138

Description of the issue:

Exact URL of the website in question:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

Brave version (check About Brave):

I’ve managed to solve the problem. In Hootsuite settings, I allowed all cookies for the site, allowed cross-site recognition, and then cleared cookies.

Hi @tytantinus,

Thanks for writing in. I’m glad to hear that you were able to log in. I’ll pass this along to the team for further review, ideally it would work without adjusting Shield settings.

What OS are you on BTW?

Apologies, I’m on Windows 10. I had a similar problem earlier on when I switched over to Brave with logging in to Messenger, but that one rectified itself over time. This was the first time I actually fiddled and delved.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.