Holding a favorite on the ‘Show More’ favorites page crashes browser

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
Holding down a favorite on the “”Show More” favorites page crashes the browser

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. You must have more favorites added to Brave than will show on the initial home page
  2. Open Brave
  3. From the initial Brave home page (where the image backgrounds and a few favorites are shown, press the ‘Show More’ button below your favorites
  4. Once the Favorites screen displays, hold down one of the favorites—like you would do to display the pop-up menu for the favorite

Expected result:
Before the pop-up menu displays, Brave crashes
Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.27.1 (21.6.22.16)

Mobile Device details
IPad 7th Generation
iOS 14.6
Model MW772LL/A

Additional Information:

@Gorgonzolla,
Thank you for reaching out to us and for the well detailed report. On my end, I’m unable to reproduce the issue following the steps you’ve laid out. I’m passing your report onto the iOS team for further review.

Mattches,

Now all of a sudden I can get the pop-up menu to display, and selecting the ‘Remove Favorite’ option crashes the browser. Restarting the browser shows that the favorite was actually removed.

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve got the same report and the developers will release fixed version, thank you.

1 Like

It looks like this issue was addressed here and on GitHub, but I’m still experiencing the same issue on my iPhone 11 Pro. My iPhone and the Brave app are both up to date and running the latest versions (14.6 and 1.27.1 (21.6.22.16). I’m able to replicate the crash every time I try to long-press a favorite under the show more section of the home screen.

yes, this is fixed, we hope to release new build this week

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.