History - Recently closed - Restore window does not work (macos)

Brave v1.44.112, Chromium 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (x86_64)

I needed to upgrade Java so I closed my Brave window by right-clicking the icon in the dock and selecting “Quit”.

When I restarted Brave it asked me which ID to use and I chose the primary one.
I then clicked “[Hamburger menu] History”, the latest tab list (some 13 tabs) and “Restore window”.

The restored window did not appear although the entry in the history list did disappear.

Tried this a couple of times (to negate user issue) but got the same result.

Restarted Brave and got the same result. Have yet to restart my Mac but that’s the next step.

I cannot find any recent reference to this and older reports have just auto-closed with no response.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

1 Like

Not sure. @Jarc-1107 @Kevin_cc @Alice2095 please help. Thanks!

Hello there @parthe does restore window option work if you try to re open recently closed tabs/windows using a different profile?

If they do load, try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu → More tools → Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.
Regards.

Hi Kevin,

I can confirm that it works for an alternative user. Annoyingly I can also confirm that it works for the primary user again.

I did update Brave this morning to 1.45.118 so clearly something in that or another recent release has resolved the problem.

Thanks for the assistance, I’m good to go now :slight_smile:

Parthe

1 Like

Hi again @parthe glad to read that! If you have any other issues or concerns you can always contact us back on this community.

Regards :lion:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.