History not being properly wiped on IPhone

Description of the issue:
I am using brave with private mode only on, and whenever i finish using the app i clear everything possible (i.e. i close all tabs and manually go to shields settings and clear the data before closing the app) except for like bookmarks/favorites since I don’t make those. However, when i enter the HBO Max app, start watching a video, and then swipe up to go into the app selection mode where I see a preview of all my currently open/background apps, I’m suddenly seeing previews/screenshots of videos from websites that i visited days ago in the brave preview. I tried reinstalling the app and this seemed to fix the problem, however the fact that this happened at all seems like a pretty serious issue that indicates my data is not being properly deleted.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave
  2. Open Max (not sure what other apps this may apply to) and start watching something
  3. Swipe up to see all currently open apps

Expected result:
A screenshot of a video from a website visited previously will be showing in the preview for the brave app.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.66.2 (124)

Mobile Device details
iphone XS Max IOS 17.5.1

Additional Information:
Edit:it seems that this has been a reported on issue before (Potential Security Error on iOS build - #2) however this never got resolved or replied to at all