High Memory/CPU usuage

Hi,
I been using brave for a week but I have been facing the high ram/CPU usage suddenly.

I have tried disabling the shield, but it is of no help the usage kept on increasing.

I have pasted the screenshot for the reference.
I have tried running the 64 bit as well as 32 bit app, but both are the same.

OS - Windows 10 pro 64 bit
Processor - i7-7700
Ram - 16 GB
Hard disk - ssd 128GB.

Can you bring up Task Manager and see what app(s) are taking excessive CPU time? If you’re unsure how to do that, this article will walk you through the steps:

Hi,
I have checked and only the brave browser was only using the maximum CPU usage.
However I checked the issue with the bitwarden plugin. If I donot use bitwarden - I donot find any problem. I even contacted the bitwarden about the issue and told me try out with different browser, I did tried out in vivaldi browser and infact it was running without any high cpu/memory usuage.

Again I tried in the brave browser after clearing all the cookies, but stil the problem persist. In a matter of fact the problem arises always on the website : www.paypal.com and most of the banking sites, but sometimes in other website as well.

Pranab, I had a similar problem with excessive CPU consumption. The problem seemed to be direclty related to Bitwarden. My guess is that the JS in the extension is performing very expensive loops (loading a page on my bank website, for example, took about 90 seconds instead of the usual 1-3 seconds). I’ve disabled bitwarden and won’t be using the service anymore. I would strongly encourage anyone having performance issues with Brave who are also using Bitwarden to do the same.

Brave: 0.23.79 
V8: 6.8.275.24 
rev: 51b49051a779f0db94fbcfd0df5faca781299ea0 
Muon: 8.0.7 
OS Release: 4.15.0-34-generic 
Update Channel: Release 
OS Architecture: x64 
OS Platform: Linux 
Node.js: 7.9.0 
Brave Sync: v1.4.2 
libchromiumcontent: 68.0.3440.84

I agree, after deactivating bitwarden all seems to be normal. Just wandering if the developers come up with some resolution with this:thinking:

***I have also checked bitwarden with other browser and I don’t have any issue with whatever site I visit.

Where your CPU’s memory in the “memory” (basically where things such as application data and application primary focus are stored, higher memory stuff is focused on more by the system) being used by an application slowly rises as long as the application stays open. This is known as a “memory leak”.