Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Open browser for KuCoin exchange: https://www.kucoin.com/
- Go to Markets (upper left corner)
- In the Markets page, select any Coin e.g. BTC/USDT
- CPU usage starts spiking up. High Memory usage as well.
- Shields UP: CPU 22-35%; Memory 257-282 MB - for KuCoin only process
- Shields down: CPU same %: Memory same % - for KuCoin only process
CPU and memory low and stable. Do not have a problem with CoinbasePro website and graphs.
Brave Version( check
19 extensions are shown in task manager for Brave (extra: 1. extension added to browser for password management, 2. Console Window Host and 3. Windows Command Processor)
Top process for KuCoin has Very high power usage and Low Power usage.
When the graph and trades page is displayed, CPU usage goes to Very High.
Cooling for laptop fans start and continue until the window is closed or return to a page without graphs.
My Hardware and software: Windows 10 Home, HP Pavilion 15t-cs200CTO: Intel® Core™ i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 16GB Memory (8+8).
Noticed the spike in CPU shortly after download of 3 new Windows Updates on 2-11 & 12:
1) KB4023057: Update for Windows 10 Update Service components;
2) February 9, 2021-KB4601050 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 2004, Windows Server, version 2004, Windows 10, version 20H2, and Windows Server, version 20H2;
3) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player: October 13, 2020
Have tried to enable Enable cosmetic filtering per previous support article without any change in CPU high usage or overheating of laptop.
Please advise. Had to purchase cooling fan for laptop.