High CPU and RAM Usage

And Fingerprint Blocking at Standard

I’ll try that. Thanks!

@Mattches It’s happening again and way more frequently

I dont have any program running in background. I have tried all the solutions presented here. Nothing works.

You could try running in safe mode.

Thanks for your advice but I already know these. As I mentioned in my previous comment: I got 75°C-80°C degrees while playing games, but 93°C in brave use.

my6 point is that it could be how something else on your system interacts with Brave and safe mode would help you determine that.

It just happened twice consecutively. @Mattches

I switched to Edge. I recommend it to you too. A browser that cannot even solve a problem is no good.

@Mattches @Aa-ron I’m going to switch browsers in a couple of days if this isn’t fixed. What’s the holdup?

Just happened again but this time I moticed that Brave’s Task Manager didn’t seem display that any process was increasing. I also noticed that Brave’s RAM consumption dropped subtantually lower than it usually uses.

1 Like

@SamGreenwood,
Apologies for not replying – we actually had a meeting about getting this resolved today and are taking the necessary steps to do so.

Can you elaborate a bit on your last reply? You’re saying that Brave was causing high CPU/RAM spikes even though Brave’s task manager showed processes taking up normal/expected resources?

Nevermind that odd reporting thing seens to have been a fluke,

So have you determined what the cause of the problem is? Just wondering (I’m not asking because I’m worried I’m just curious).

@Mattches got an update do’s it have the patch?

I stand corrected it just happened again

We are still working on it. 99% of users who encounter this type of issue will have it resolved by one of the solutions already suggested so this one seems to be an outlier.

Just to clarify you’re saying that today’s update should of fixed it? I just thought of something, I’ll try reinstalling it maybe it’s just a bad installation. I started having this problem after I had to clean install Windows before I did everything seemed to be working fine.

I tried reinstalling it but noticed that it restored directly to its previous state. Is there a way to force clean install of brave?

Hello. I’ve been having the same issue for weeks. Brave will suddenly almost freeze and start hogging up ~90% of CPU and ~90% of RAM. Then, after waiting ten-twenty seconds, it will keep moving, and any mouse movements or key clicks will that happened during the freeze will happen all at once.
I’ve disabled hardware acceleration and the sync chain, but it still keeps on happening. I don’t have Grammarly either. Hope you find a solution, as getting locked out of my main browser a bit every day is getting extremely irritating.