Hide Leo, Wallet, and Brave VPN in the drop-down menu

The Brave drop-down menu is getting increasingly crowded with features and options. I would like to request a setting to be able to hide some of these options for those who don’t use them. Specifically, I’d like to be able to hide Leo, Wallet, and Brave VPN. I’ve had an amazing time using Brave since I switched to it, but, having disabled all these features, it gets frustrating seeing them every time I click on this menu. I have seen similar posts before so I know I’m not the only one who feels this way.

I feel these are the most important ones that need the option to hide them, but I think it would be great to be able to fully customize the drop-down menu. People would be able to get to the options they need much faster if they could hide the ones they don’t, or even add some that they don’t want to search the settings menu for all the time. Personally, I would also like to be able to hide “New private window with Tor”, “Passwords and autofill” and “Delete browsing data”, simply because I don’t use them and it would make the menu much less crowded and pleasant to use. This would be a nice plus, but my main request is the ability to hide Leo, Wallet, and Brave VPN.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hello! Thanks for the feedback.

Brave Wallet can be disabled with these instructions. https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/16122407261453-Disabling-Brave-Wallet

The Brave Leo and VPN icons can be removed from your toolbar here: brave://settings/appearance

Thank you, but I’m talking about this menu. Unfortunately disabling these doesn’t make the related options disappear in the drop-down menu.

@zoey_96,
At this time, the only way to remove these options from the menu directly would be via Group Policy, as explained here:

Thank you for the suggestion, I appreciate it. Unfortunately I can’t test it because my system is Windows 10 Home, which doesn’t have Local Group Policy Editor. This method also seems too complicated for non-tech-savvy users, so I still believe it would be a great addition to have these options either in the browser settings or the flags, so everyone can easily access them.

To some extent, this is the result of having one menu for everything (the “hamburger” menu). The top-level menu must serve as a menu of menus. Some of these things, like Leo, Wallet, and Brave VPN, could be on the Settings screen only and not in the menu.

1 Like