Help with Web Torrent Failing

Hello.

When downloading a torrent using the built in client things run smoothly but when I leave it downloading the page fails and I am left with the “aw snap” error message. I would clear the cache, but this isn’t exactly a web page. I have had this problem before with larger torrent files.

As of now I am trying to download something that is 13GB. I work for a game dev and we share our work using P2P as it is actually faster and has less strain on the servers.

I don’t know what percentage it is getting to before the page fails and tries to reload - although I don’t know if that is what it is trying to do. Is this the browser trying to purge memory to be less intensive?

I wish I could tell people how to reproduce it. But here is what I did. And this happens for me on my other machine.

1. used magnet link in browser
  2. started torrent in web torrent
  3. switched tabs and watched BBC iPlayer
  4. noticed the tab read “aw snap”

What happens is I reload the page and start the download all over again. I cannot give you a picture of GIF as I don’t wanna wait for it to fail just to send a picture.

I expect it to download.

Always happens with anything over a certain size or certain amount of pieces.

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro
Threadripper 2920x
32GB 3200 CAS16 DDR4 RAM
x399 Meg Creation MOBO
WD m.2 NVMe storage.

System 2:

Windows 10 pro
i7 6700HQ
32GB DDR4 MXM Ram
SSD storage using Raid 0.

Both using: [Version 1.3.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.